freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with RPC against SQL server 2005

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with RPC against SQL server 2005
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:28:45 +0100

> I apologize for being such a newbie. I tried applying the patch
> that freddy77 provided but I'm sure I botched it. I'm just a
> lowly applications DBA.
>
> Here are the steps I took--
>
> 1.. Copied vedi.diff.gz to the source directory
> (/oracle/GPD/opt/freetds).
> 2.. gunzip vedi.diff.gz
> 3.. patch -b -i vedi.diff
> Results of the patch command:
> Looks like a unified context diff.
>
> The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>
> The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
>
> Hunk #2 failed at line 1529.
>
> Hunk #3 succeeded at line 1715 (offset 1 line)
>
> Hunk #4 failed at line 2197.
>
> Hunk #5 failed at line 2281.
>
> 3 out of 5 hunks failed: saving rejects to src/tds/query.c.rej
>
> done
>

> 4. Performed ./configure again with the appropriate parameters.
> 5. make
> 6. make install
>
> When I did a test with tsql after attempting the patch, I
> received some
> errors I hadn't seen before. So deleted the target directories and
> re-created the
> unixODBC and freetds objects (using the current distribution from the
> freetds
> web site -- freetds-0.65.dev.20060317). Everything is back
> to where it was
> before I attempted the patch (even the RPC / Data Type error
> in Oracle).
>
> freddy77 -- how should the patch be applied?
>
> Brent

No, patch was again 0.64...

I finally got a machine to install sql express ("free" version of mssql
2005), I just committed a patch that should work (only odbc tables test
fails but is useful for Jdbc). You can find patch at
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/post64rc1.diff.gz, 0.64rc1 at
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/release_candidates/fre
etds-0.64RC1.tar.gz