freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with RPC against SQL server 2005

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "baeck1957" <baeck1957 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with RPC against SQL server 2005
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:10:24 -0600

I apologize for being such a newbie. I tried applying the patch
that freddy77 provided but I'm sure I botched it. I'm just a
lowly applications DBA.

Here are the steps I took--

1.. Copied vedi.diff.gz to the source directory (/oracle/GPD/opt/freetds).
2.. gunzip vedi.diff.gz
3.. patch -b -i vedi.diff
Results of the patch command:
Looks like a unified context diff.

The next patch looks like a unified context diff.

The next patch looks like a unified context diff.

Hunk #2 failed at line 1529.

Hunk #3 succeeded at line 1715 (offset 1 line)

Hunk #4 failed at line 2197.

Hunk #5 failed at line 2281.

3 out of 5 hunks failed: saving rejects to src/tds/query.c.rej

done

4. Performed ./configure again with the appropriate parameters.
5. make
6. make install

When I did a test with tsql after attempting the patch, I received some
errors I hadn't seen before. So deleted the target directories and
re-created the
unixODBC and freetds objects (using the current distribution from the
freetds
web site -- freetds-0.65.dev.20060317). Everything is back to where it was
before I attempted the patch (even the RPC / Data Type error in Oracle).

freddy77 -- how should the patch be applied?

Brent