freetds - Re: [freetds] logging public functions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] logging public functions
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:07:36 +0100

> ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> > Currently I'm mainly working on tests. Now DBD::ODBC works
> flawlessly
> > with some tests skipped but I hope to get rid of a failing
> test for next
> > version. I started coding the longstanding cursors under ODBC so
> > "Multiple concurrent statements" will work! I'm also working to make
> > tests works using SF compile farm.
>
> This sounds very good. I'll have to add more SF links to the
> website.
>
> > I'm quite ready but I would need a
> > help with perl... the problem is that I program in perl like in C...
> > could you check misc/online.pl file?
>
> Basically, it's pretty good. fwiw, in general I use:
>
> open OUT, ">$filename"
> or die qq(could not open "$filename" ($!));
>
> Oftentimes the $filename has surprising contents that 'could not open
> file' doesn't reveal, and sometimes errno is interesting, too.
>
> Also, you really don't need start_html() and end_html(). I
> would use Here
> Documents for the long strings with '%s' for $title, and printf():
>
> $Preamble=<<"HTML"
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
> [...]
> HTML
>
> printf HTML $Preamble, $title;
>
> I guess we're on topic.... ;-)

I accepted all questions and updated file !!
Now tests at freetds.sourceforge.net are handled by this script. The
final intention is:
- use test-auto.sh on remote machine to make output
- use online.pl to format output from test-auto.sh to html
I use also some collation scripts (one to compile my utilities before
test-auto.sh and another to upload and similar).
I uploaded utilities I wrote and use on freetds.sourceforge.net, I hope
to find a proper space ASAP.