freetds - [freetds] Record has no fields

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: apfuller AT dart.net.au
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Record has no fields
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:35:13 +1000

Hi All,

Something that has got me stumped...

I've setup freetds 0.63 (latest stable ver) and unixODBC to connect my Oracle
to SQL Server instance in UNIX. So far I can use isql to query, create,
insert
etc against sql server, however when I try and query through sqlplus using a
database link I get the following sorts of returns...

1.
select * from all_catalog@SC
--this works. Brings back tables for dbo and other users

2.
SQL> select * from "customer_vw"@SC;
select * from "customer_vw"@SC
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC]DRV_DescribeTable: Record customer_vw has no
fields. Loading failed
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from SC

I've read that it was a bug in previous versions of freetds, can I presume
that
it is ok in .63?

Also I have tried many different variants
of "customer_vw"@SC "serviceCentre"."customer_vw"@SC etc, none seem to
work.
I can only select from system tables.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron

  • [freetds] Record has no fields, apfuller, 09/27/2005