freetds - Re: [freetds] make error: latest snapshot; Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] make error: latest snapshot; Solaris
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:15:51 +0200

> cheers freddy - that helped.
>
> 2 things :
>
> in src/tds/query.c - function tds_put_n_as_ucs2() we use a function
> "alloca"
> this is not supported in my C compiler - is it gnu only ?
> I've replaced
> with malloc().
>
> in src/dblib/bcp.c - function bcp_exec() there is a
> declaration "RETCODE
> ret = 0;" which needs moving to the top...
>

> Bill

alloca is C however is not so portable as it seems. If I remember there
is some stuff for configure...
For bcp.c I fully agree. Try attached patch, it use a different way to
handle buffer allocation.
This patch is again current snapshot (updated an hour ago) but should
work even with yesterday version.