freetds - Re: [freetds] make error: latest snapshot; Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] make error: latest snapshot; Solaris
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:41:32 +0100

Hi,

I'm still not getting anywhere with this.

> It seems I upgraded libtool on March 27. Have you not built the
> snapshot since?

I don't think so.
I had problems with configure last time (various files like config.sub
were missing),
so I think I copied "configure" from a previous version to get it to
work.

> You're using /usr/ccs/bin/ld, but -Wl is Posix for "dear compiler,
> please forward this argument to the linker". Frediano's right,
libtool
> generated this incorrect command string. What compiler+linker do you
> mean to use, and is it being selected correctly by the configure
script?

I have gcc on my development box but I don't want to use it - all the
applications that use freetds are compiled with the SUN workshop cc
compiler, so I want to use that to compile freetds as well.
Traditionally, the way I found to force configure to use the SUN
workshop C compiler is to set the $CC environment variable before
invoking configure, e.g.

$ setenv CC /apps/dev/tools/sun5/SUNWspro/bin/cc
$ ./configure --prefix= ....

This always worked before, and in terms of compilation still works.
Is there another way to achieve this end ?

Bill