freetds - Re: [freetds] make error: latest snapshot; Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] make error: latest snapshot; Solaris
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:25:00 -0400

Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:
> > It seems I upgraded libtool on March 27. Have you not built the
> > snapshot since?
>
> I don't think so.
> I had problems with configure last time (various files like config.sub
> were missing),
> so I think I copied "configure" from a previous version to get it to
> work.
>

> > You're using /usr/ccs/bin/ld, but -Wl is Posix for "dear compiler,
> > please forward this argument to the linker". Frediano's right,
> libtool
> > generated this incorrect command string. What compiler+linker do you
> > mean to use, and is it being selected correctly by the configure
> script?
>
> I have gcc on my development box but I don't want to use it - all the
> applications that use freetds are compiled with the SUN workshop cc
> compiler

OK, Bill, that points at libtool, again. :-( I think it's odd that
Solaris of all things would confuse libtool, but there it is.

$ tools
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.5
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.14 (1.1220.2.195 2005/02/12 12:12:33)

That's what the build box is using. Maybe there's a newer version? I'll
look into it. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Regards,