freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds-dev on Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds-dev on Solaris
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:43:27 -0500

On 28 Nov 2003 11:16:31 +0100, Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it> wrote:
> Yesterday I tried to compile FreeTDS under Sourceforge compile farm.
> FreeTDS compile under Solaris 2.9 and iconv initialize correctly...
> Perhaps you need to install additional package?

Configuring with --disable-libiconv should have prevented engaging any
installed iconv library. FreeTDS relies on its built-in replacement
(limited to ISO-8859-1 <-> UCS-2 conversion).

Perhaps the local character set name is surprising us?

Jeremy, two more tiny things to test.

1. tsql -S servername -P port -U username -p password

tsql begins by outputting its client charset name.

2. In freetds.conf:

client charset = ISO-8859-1

I wouldn't be surprised if that helps. If it does, we'll have to provide
either a better message or a more graceful way to fallback to ISO-8859-1.