freetds - Re: [freetds] Max OS X Panther (solved?)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Doug Norton <dougn AT AgileEnterprise.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Max OS X Panther (solved?)
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:33:19 -0500

Works great! This is the best solution to the OS X build problem so far.

The only problem I'm having now is that I don't get the libtdsodbc.so iODBC
Driver. I use the configure option --with-iodbc=/usr but still nothing.
What am I doing wrong?

-doug

on 11/3/03 4:21 PM, John Gilmore-Baldwin at jbaldwin AT theolympian.com wrote:

> Send the message, figure something out. Is there a term for that?
>
> Here's what I was able to do to get freetds (NOV-02 snapshot) to
> compile cleanly on Panther:
>
> In the libtool, change the archive_cmds= line (about line 205) to:
>
> archive_cmds="\$CC \$(if test .\$module = .yes; then echo -bundle; else
> echo -dynamiclib; fi) \$allow_undefined_flag -o \$lib \$libobjs
> \$linkopts -install_name \$rpath/\$soname \$verstring"
>
> I removed the \$deplibs in the line. Then cleaned, did a make and a
> check, and it was working. I'm reasonably happy with the result (though
> I wish I had a more complete understanding of the cause of this
> situation).
>
> I hope this is helpful to someone else as well.
>
> John
>
> On Nov 3, 2003, at 12:59 PM, John Gilmore-Baldwin wrote:

Doug Norton
Agile Enterprise, Inc
Nashua, NH 03063
<http://www.AgileEnterprise.com>