freetds - [freetds] Windows compile not working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Linus <Linus AT mccabe.nu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Windows compile not working
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:24:39 +0200

Hello!

I've successully made my program (on Linux) use freetds and connect to a SQL
Server 2k (MSDE) server.
On windows I had some problems of getting the lib to compile (some other
parts
of the package, like apps/tsql, still wont work - probably because of linking
misconfiguration), but now I have a link lib and tried my app with it.

The Linux and Windows version of my program uses the exact same code, still
the linux version manages to connect to the db, while the windows version
does not (using the same connection parameters, of course)

I've tried both version 0.61 and CVS version. When I tried 0.61 I got a
message like this in the windows event log:

Error: 17832, Severity: 20, State: 7
Connection opened but invalid login packet(s) sent. Connection closed.

With CVS version I got no such error, but still no connection.

I've compiled the package with mingw. I've tried a few different ways,
./configure + make, dev-cpp (dev cpp project and msvcc imported project) but
it all turns out the same.

Anyone got some hints for me? I'd really hate it if my work has been in vain,
as I want my linux and windows versions both use the same code as far as
possible.

One last thing.. Sometimes I got "socket: no such file or directory" on
stderr/out when trying to connect (also the windows version).

/linus