freetds - Re: [freetds] help: unexpected token 117 and sybase server hanged

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] help: unexpected token 117 and sybase server hanged
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 09:19:49 -0000

Il ven, 2003-09-05 alle 23:16, Mai Le ha scritto:
> I have included the tdslog . Thanks for any help
>
> On 5 Sep 2003, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
>
> > Il ven, 2003-09-05 alle 01:12, Mai Le ha scritto:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am trying to connect tothe Sybase server(NT 4.0) running ASA 6.0.x
> > > (I
> > > think
> > > it's 6.0.3) from a Linux box running
> > > Apache 1.3.27
> > > Red Hat 7.3
> > > PHP 2.4.3
> > > freetds 0.61
> > > I am also using TDS version 5.0 to connect to sybase.
> > >
> > > When connecting via tsql : I get this message:
> > > Msg 21, Level 10, State 0, Server , Line 0
> > > TDS: unexpected token 117
> > >
> > > If I connect via php, it will says that it is connected but shortly
> > > after that, the sybase machine would hang.
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >

> > Hi!
> > This message came directly from Sybase so I expect we send some garbage
> > to server. Enable log (see TDSDUMP in User Guide) and send output dump
> > (use temporary account for security).
> >
> > freddy77

Thanks for dump.

It seem FreeTDS is sending garbage however code and data seem correct
(excluding your change for security problems). So I think you should try
to connect with sybase libraries and post a network capture. We'll fix
then this issue ASAP. Probably we don't have knowledge to connect to
this old version. You said you can connect to a Sybase server with TDS
5.0... another server I think...