freetds - Re: [freetds] Windows compile not working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Windows compile not working
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:41:23 -0500

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Linus <Linus AT mccabe.nu> wrote:

> I'm happy to inform you that I got freetds to work, compiled with MinGW!
>
> After trying various changes here and there, I realized there was no
> call to WSAStartup(), a call necessary for winsock to initialize
> sockets before use. I'm not sure why freetds works with MSVC when this
> call is not there..!?
>
> Anyway, I also had to make a few hacks here and there to get it to work,
> most of them might not be suitable to add to freetds' code without
> changes. This was all done to CVS version from a few days ago.

Thanks for posting your fixes, Linus. I added you message to my "patches"
folder; I'll look into making the changes. Why not post a "diff -u", too?
It would make things easier on this end.

Sometime this fall, I think we'll release 0.62. Would you be interested
in testing it with mingw then? I can update CVS, but I'm not set up for
mingw. All I can do is make sure that the changes I make on your behalf
don't break the regular builds.

> * First I had to replace FreeTDS/libtool with the one from the
> MingW/MSys package.

That'll just have to be a documentation note, I guess.