freetds - RE: FreeTDS and MS SQL known issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: FreeTDS and MS SQL known issues
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:33:52 -0800

Perhaps the maintainer of the FAQ could add the items brought up here to
the "Known Issues" section of the FAQ. If we can assemble a list of
things that everyone agrees do not (yet) work, that might help folks
like Daniel. Items that I know about:

1) Cannot fetch data from column of data type image from MSSQL2000
2) Cannot use dynamic SQL "place holders" [INSERT VALUES (?,?,?)]
3) Cannot connect to MSSQL using a Windows domain account

Obviously, if someone can provide examples for these or additional items
showing that they CAN work with FreeTDS, then maybe that will identify
some cases where they do and don't work for bug hunting.

One other item mentioned was "unable to get it to work with more than
one instance". I think this needs more explanation. I have in the past
been able to connect to the second instance on a MSSQL server (although
I didn't try to connect to the first and second instance simultaneously
if that's the issue). If Nick can provide more details on this item,
maybe we can determine whether this is really not supported or just
doesn't work for him..

Thanks,
Eric

http://www.schemamania.org/freetds/cvs/freetds/doc/api_status.html

> I think others on the list would agree that what is implemented works
> well,
> is both fast and stable. When bugs are clearly identified, I have on
> occasion seen Brian fix them the same day.
>
> HTH & regards,
>
> --jkl
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
[edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org]