freetds - Re: Server Space PLEASE READ

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Server Space PLEASE READ
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:01:49 -0400 (EDT)

The lyris server on franklin goes incommunicado on a regular basis. What
I do like about lyris though is I can respond via web in a pinch.

I use sourceforge for my other projects, and am generally satisfied with
it. Using ssh to check in stuff is a pain, but overall it's pretty solid
and offers a pretty complete package. Right now we have web hosting, list
hosting, cvs repository, and bug tracking (if it still worked), at 4
different sites.

Not to slight those folks that have donated resources, but I hate bugging
internetcds for new cvs accounts all the time. They're doing it out of
kindness, but it's not their main focus.

The web hosting would stay with siscom.net since they donated the
domain, and they've been really good...and besides freetds.org is much
cooler than freetds.sourceforge.net ;-)

Brian