freetds - Re: FreeTDS and Debian

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS and Debian
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:50:06 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Steve Langasek wrote:

> ...so if it makes its way into the release no one will be too worried, but
> if
> someone happened to file a bug report about the fact that FreeTDS on alpha
> can't talk to MS SQL on intel, it would probably be release-critical. :D
If there is really a problem with 64-bit to 32-bit you should probably
ask the archive maintainers if it could be supported only for Intel
architectures. This would not be the only package which is shipped only
for a single architecture (even if this would be sad). I have no idea
how this works, but I'm sure there is a way. It would be sad if FreeTDS
wouldn't ship at all with the next Debian release because it dowsn't work on
64-bit architecture.

Kind regards

Andreas.