freetds - Freetds on Ultrasparc II (NOT 64bit Qs)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Underhill <chris AT tart.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Freetds on Ultrasparc II (NOT 64bit Qs)
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:22:01 +0000

Hi,

I have website that uses a cvs version of freetds from last July (so it
doesn't have the 64 bit issues discussed in a different thread) to
execute various stored procedures on an MS/SQL box. The web server is
Apache 1.3.12 running on Solaris 7 on an Ultrasparc IIi. MS/SQL is
running on NT4sp6a, and is version 7.0 plus sp2 applied. I'm using
DBD::Sybase 0.23.

Issues I've noticed is that upon compilation of DBD::Sybase, there is a
linker warning:

ld: warning: file /usr/local/freetds/lib/libct.so: section .stabstr:
malformed string table, initial or final byte

This doesn't seem to affect anything though - compiler is gcc 2.95.2.

I've had to modify my code to set $dbh->{syb_flush_finish} even though
I'm sure that I'm retrieving all rows from the result set. I've also
noticed an excessive number of locks hanging around on the tables
queried, which may be related this to.

As this is a potential cause for the excessive performance loss being
seen on our system since the number of hits has increased, I'm wondering
if anyone else has seen similar behaviour, or if there has been a fix
for this problem committed since last July. Obviously I'd like to try
0.51 or later, but the queries return gibberish!

TIA,

Chris.

  • Freetds on Ultrasparc II (NOT 64bit Qs), Chris Underhill, 01/26/2001