freetds - FreeTDS and Debian

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FreeTDS and Debian
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:53:22 -0600 (CST)

This announcement comes a bit later than it likely should have, but since it's
a joyous one, I hope I'll be forgiven for the delay. :)

I'm happy to announce that freetds is now available for download from Debian
mirror sites all around the world. The packages are part of the current
Debian unstable distribution (sid), and should find their way into testing
(woody) within a few days, assuming no serious problems are reported.
Binary packages are currently available for the alpha, i386, mips, powerpc,
and sparc architectures.

As the maintainer of the Debian freetds packages, I look forward to working
with Brian and the rest of the mailing list to make FreeTDS the best SQL
connectivity library possible.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer