freetds - Re: More on Odd Problem.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: More on Odd Problem.
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:46:50 +1100

Tim Uckun wrote:
> At 12:05 PM 12/28/2000 +1100, you wrote:
> >Tim Uckun wrote:
> > > I downloaded the CVS snapshot where would I get the latest
> > > autoconf?
> >What distribution are you using?
> Red Hat 6.2. It's been in production for over a year now with no
> problems.

Well, there's your answer on why the CVS snapshot would not build. PHP
has been through a few versions since, and all the developers would be
on much later versions of autoconf, automake and aclocal.

> According to their website the sybase functions are aliased to ms-sql
> functions I'll rewrite it using the sybase functions just in case.

Excellent idea.

With PHP 4.0.3pl1 be sure to include all arguments on the connect.
There's a defect fixed in CVS that causes sybase_connect() to fail
randomly.

> Also there appears to be a new version of php out so I'll give that a
> shot too.

Precisely why I asked what version you were using ... and you responded
"the latest one", which didn't help me as I couldn't tell when you last
checked. ;-)

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/