freetds - Re: Using JDBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <Craig.Spannring AT aedinc.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Using JDBC
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:07:55 -0600 (MDT)

You'll probably want to just grab the prebuilt jar file from

ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc/freetds_jdbc.snapshot.jar

You'll need to add it to your CLASSPATH. From a command window on NT
it would be something like-

set CLASSPATH=freetds_jdbc.snapshot.jar;the_rest_of_my_classpath

As far as using the driver from VCafe, I've never used that program.

sam99 AT columbia.edu writes:
> Ok, this may seem like a really stupid question, but I'm having a really
> hard time trying to get freetds to work with my app. I'm trying to create
> an application to connect to my MS SQL server, using WinNT. I've compiled
> the .java files using the 2.0 JDK. It created a .jar file and a series of
> packages. How do I get the whole system to work with the 2.0 JDK? Where
> do I copy the .jar file to and do I keep the name it has been given? Do I
> add it to my classpath? My system (VCafe 3.0) doesn't seem to recognize
> the .jar file for what it is. What am I doing wrong? This is driving me
> nuts. Any help, with DETAILED instructions would be greatly appreciated.
> Please make no assumptions, I don't want to miss anything. Many thanx in
> advance.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Bike hard, ski fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
When all you've got is Perl, everything feels like a smashed thumb

  • Using JDBC, sam99, 06/28/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Using JDBC, Craig Spannring, 06/28/2000