freetds - Calling a Stored Procedure WITH PARAMETERS on SQL7 with TDS 4.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Fabrice SEGURA" <fsegura AT swapcom.fr>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Calling a Stored Procedure WITH PARAMETERS on SQL7 with TDS 4.2
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:41:56

OK, I Give up. After hours of search, I can't figure out how to call a
stored procedure passing parameters. I could call a stored procedure
without parameters allright, and get the result set back, but I can't
figure out how to call a stored procedure with parameters.

NOTE : I don't want to exec something like :

tds_submit_query(tds,"exec proc 'aaaa', 2, 'ccc'");

as if my strings contains ' or ", it just fails, but something like:

tds_submit_query(tds,"exec proc ?, ?, ?");
tds_sendaparameter (STRING, "aaaa");
tds_sendaparameter (INT, 2);
tds_sendaparameter (STRING, "ccc");

If someone has a code sample (C, please, not PHP) to show how to do that,
it would be greatly appreciated.

Note : I'm running FreeTDS on FreeBSD, and SQL Server 7, and using TDS 4.2
protocol.

Regards to everyone

Fabrice SEGURA