freetds - Re: FreeTDS on WinNT

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS on WinNT
  • Date: 29 May 2000 09:52:18 +0200

l> So how can I concretly use the JDBC driver in the servlet ?

First, please take a look at the README file (and some JDBC
tutorial). In the simplest case it is something like

Class.forName("com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver");
Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:freetds:sqlserver://servername/database",
user, password);

and then do whatever your application needs to do with the Connection
object.

l> Because the driver comes as source files I think I have to compile
l> the .java files?

There is a readily compiled JAR file or you can use the Makefile that
comes with the source distribution.

Stefan

PS: If you have more detailed questions feel free to contact me in
private mail - we could use german and wouldn't bore the others here.