freetds - Re[2]: Re: JDBC Driver to SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <Mike_Quandt AT fwc.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Re: JDBC Driver to SQL Server
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:47:47 -0500

Bob Kline \ TDS Development Group;

1. Thank you for your patience. Does the type 4 driver to go on the
web server box, or on the MS SQL Server box. These are two different
machines. The "client" (running on a third machine) will directly
access the web server. It was suggested that I should use either of
these type 4 drivers.

ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc/freetds_jdbc-snapshot.tgz

or

ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc/freetds_jdbc-snapshot.zip

2. In your last transmittal, you mentioned a servlet.

a What is a servlet

b. Can a servlet be used to access a database on a separate machine (i.e.
MS SQL Server).

c. If I place an applet on a the web server, in essence isn't it acting
as a servlet, or is there additional code imbedded in a servlet that
makes it different than an Applet.

Mike Quandt