freetds - Re: JDBC Driver to SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JDBC Driver to SQL Server
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:38:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Michael Quandt wrote:

> Which driver would be best for my Intranet application?
>
> ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc
>
> ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds/freetds.snapshot.tgz
>
> ftp://ftp.metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/freetds-0.46.tgz
>
> ftp://ftp.metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds-0.45.tgz
I think freetds_jdbc is what you are looking for. I'm using it
successfully to access MS SQL server from a servlet running on
Debian GNU/Linux. By the way of you run Debian on your machine
you could check the potato archive for a Debian package of freetds_jdbc.
It should run well on slink. I've packaged the latest snapshot,
but I'll test ist some days before I will upload it.
(The package is stored in the contrib area but will move to main with
the next upload.)

Kind regards

Andreas.