freetds - Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8, Apache 1.3.4, PHP 3.0.6- core dumped :(

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8, Apache 1.3.4, PHP 3.0.6- core dumped :(
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 12:11:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> >query during a malloc which is very strange. I'm going to have to take a
> >deep look at row buffering this weekend.

Ok, I found my core dump. It seems that dbcoltype will return a SYBCHAR
when the type is SYBVARCHAR (other types do similar things as well). This
causes PHP to go to the default in a switch statement which fails. This is
why we had a failure in the malloc and not anywhere in the tds code, the
default case probably never gets exercised under normal circumstances. It
still bugs me why it happened only with rowbuffering on though, but I
couldn't turn up anything.

> OK. When you get any result, please, let me know.
> I'll test it :)

I'll checking in the new code in a few minutes. Whether this will fix
your problem or not is questionable, but give it a try.
> Thank you!

Let me know,

Brian