freetds - Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8, Apache 1.3.4, PHP 3.0.6- core dumped :(

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tom May <tom AT go2net.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8, Apache 1.3.4, PHP 3.0.6- core dumped :(
  • Date: 11 Feb 1999 18:01:49 -0800

Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org> writes:

> So, every time through the loop they clear the row buffer (column contents
> are saved off to php elsewhere in the loop), so yes php caches the rows
> before returning them to the web page, but they don't seem to use row
> buffering to do it. *shrug*

Oh, I see what you were saying. Duh. My guess is there is probably
no good reason why the PHP code does what it does. I've seen a few
codes out there where things were obviously copied right from the
examples in the doc, but I don't know dblib so I couldn't say for sure
that this is the case for PHP.

Tom.