freetds - Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8, Apache 1.3.4, PHP 3.0.6- core dumped :(

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8, Apache 1.3.4, PHP 3.0.6- core dumped :(
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:14:02 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ->Ok, I think I've tracked down the problem, the row buffering version of
> >DBLASTROW() has some incorrect behaviour (it was returning the number of
> >rows in the row buffer instead of the total number of rows returned from
> >the server). I've checked a new version into CVS and things seem good.
> >
> >Please let me know how this works for you.
>

> :(
> Bug is still here.
>
> There is no such problem with DBD::FreeTDS,
> so this bug is in dblib implementation

Yeah, more specifically it is a bug in the row buffering code of dblib.
DBD doesn't really have such a beast, so it is safe. A work around is to
comment all calls to dbsetopt() and dbclrbuf() in functions/sybase.c in
php3 and rebuild. I've found that it core dumps on me depending on the
query during a malloc which is very strange. I'm going to have to take a
deep look at row buffering this weekend.

BTW, PHP doesn't actually require row buffering, the reason it is coded
that way is somewhat of a mystery to me.

Brian