freetds - Re: freetds (fwd)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa AT dntis.ro>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds (fwd)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 08:20:33 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Brian Bruns wrote:

> Just fowarding this along, it may be of use to some of the people
> trying to run under Solaris.
>

> Gregg, did you figure out your LIBTOOL problem? was it the same as this
> one? If so maybe you can drop him a line and let him know what you did?

Maybe including libtool was not such a good idea after all, since
a lot of you guys complain about not being able to compile it cleanly. At
the time it was the only thing I could think of to portably compile
libraries. Maybe not that portable... I'll try to look into libtool a
little closer, maybe there is something that I've missed.
I'll try to d/load and compile freetds on a clean machine,
obviously my development one is far too obfuscated by tomo many
installs/upgrades/compiles.
One more thing. Do you think a RPM (RedHat Package Manager)
package could help the Linux community (RedHat nad Caldera) to test
FreeTDS? I could do it in no time, and Linux people would get over the
compiling part (some of them are really scared by this :-)

Mihai

Mihai Ibanescu Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
misa AT dntis.ro tel. +40-32-252936