corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Re: Rom. 13 not about civil government??

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Justin Dombrowski" <jedombrowski AT msn.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Re: Rom. 13 not about civil government??
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 16:05:01 -0400

Good point. I suppose Cyrus also fits in that category, as in Ezr-Neh, 2 Chron, and Isa. However, it seems to me it's one thing to say someone was permitted authority from on high (even to do nasty things), but it's another thing to call them a diakonos tou theou with the list of attributes Paul does. I don't think one follows from the other. And while John (or his community) calls Pilate the former, it's unclear to me whether they'd do the latter. You could be right, nevertheless.

Justin
JTS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Costa" <tmcos AT rogers.com>