corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] the RHTWR of Acts 24

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Tim Harris <tim.harris AT stmatts.asn.au>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] the RHTWR of Acts 24
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:48:18 +1030

Tacitus (Ann. 11:7) records Claudius giving consideration to the payment of
fees
to professional rhetoricians, limiting their fees to 10,000 sesterces. I
haven't
got copies at hand, but I have a note that refers to treatment of the Claudian
court reforms in J.A. Crook, Legal Advocacy in the Romans World (1995),
129-131, and G.A. Kennedy, The Art of Rhetoric in the Roman World (1972), 437.

Regards,

Dr. Tim Harris
Senior Minister
Kensington-Norwood Anglican Ministry Team
PO Box 56, Kensington Park
South Australia, 5068