corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] the RHTWR of Acts 24

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paulinum <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] the RHTWR of Acts 24
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:18:28 -0600

In Acts 24:1 we hear about the enlisting by the High Priest of a RHTWR
to advance the prosecution of Paul before Felix. Who and what was a
RHTWR besides an orator? BDAG gloss the term with "prosecuting
attorney". But it is my understanding that there was no such occupation
as attorney or official forensic office yet in existence at this time.
Anyone here done any work on the function of the RHTWR in courts and in
trials?

Yours,

Jeffrey
--