corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:42:37 -0500

At 01:05 PM 1/12/2005, you wrote:
So, I don't see Paul doing away with the law entirely; rather, he seems to be saying that Gentiles are legit without having to follow the law, while seldom (I would say never) addressing the issue as regards Jews.

Lee

Excellent points. So in essence Jews have to do by observing the law what gentiles don't have to bother with? Seems a tad unfair to me. But is that really what Paul thought? Would Paul accept the notion that there is a jewish way to god and a gentile way?

Thanks

Jim

Jim West, ThD

http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com Biblical Theology Weblog