corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Second Temple Judaism and Covenant

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John Brand" <jbrand AT gvsd.mb.ca>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Second Temple Judaism and Covenant
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:49:41 -0500

From: "meta" <meta AT rraz.net>
To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date sent: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:08:44 -0700

> John, I comment on the remaining portion of your message (my messages
> get too long, and besides I ran out of time until now), I can say
> however, it is difficult for me because of your hermeneutical method
> of using the NT to interpret the Tanakh (authors of the NT do the
> reverse by interpreting the Tanakh for their own thinking):

Dear Richard:
You have offered me a welcome challenge ... to let the Tanakh interpret
itself. However,
I will need some time to think through the thoughtful response that you have
provided. I
may wait until after my holidays (end September 7, 2004) and take some time
to think
through a response during that time. I'll be leaving on Wednesday a.m.. Does
this sound
acceptable?