corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Pauline Satisfaction of the Divine Justice

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Pauline Satisfaction of the Divine Justice
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:07:59 -0400

At 07:59 PM 8/13/04, you wrote:

John:
Exegetically, I am attempting to bring Pauline thought into accord with what I

Indeed this nicely summarizes the thread. Several members are trying to bring Paul in line with someone besides Paul. They are trying to fit Paul into the mold of someone else. This is incorrect procedure. It is eisegesis.

see happening in the prophets and developing in the Patristic Period. I see some
good potential for a further accord in the writings of Calvin and in the the theory
of the Heidelberg Catechism. However, there is a fuzziness in how the theory is
worked out especially as it gets more and more simplified (i.e. Brights 'Four
Spiritual Laws,' Schuller's 'Ticket to Heaven'). Perhaps with your input, I can
move closer to my goal of understanding this whole matter.

Corpus Paul? Or Corpus Interpretatio.....

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Pastor, Petros Baptist Church