corpus-paul - Re: Coherence and sovereignty (Was: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Gal 2:19 & Rom 7)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Coherence and sovereignty (Was: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Gal 2:19 & Rom 7)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:37:20 -0400

At 04:46 PM 8/13/04, you wrote:

In other words, it is quest for forgiveness and mercy apart from knowledge of reality?  No, that makes no sense.  David speaks unequivocably there:  *no man living* is righteous in some sense.  And yet he is confident that he can appeal to God at another point of contact.

David wrote Psalm 143?  And Paul quoted David?  And if "no man living" is righteous than you are on the horns of a dilemma, because Jesus was human (as well as divine- according to classical christianity).  I still think your views are more Lutheran than exegetical.  I cannot escape this sensation.

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
http://web.infoave.net/~jwest      Biblical Studies Resources