corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions on Galatians

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: JERRY SUMNEY <JSUMNEY AT LEXTHEO.EDU>
  • To: 'Corpus-Paul' <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions on Galatians
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:07:19 -0400

Billy,

My comments about Paul and his opponents in Galatia gave you the
wrong impression. I meant to say nothing about Paul's view of the Law in
general, only what he thinks about Gentiles taking it up. He surely sees
the Law as "holy, just, and good," and as a genuine revelation from God. My
position is that the suggestion the Galatians are considering sounds to Paul
like that he fought at the Jerusalem Conference and elsewhere, so he
responds in the polemical manner that he does.

Jerry

Jerry L. Sumney
Lexington Theological Seminary
631 S. Limestone