corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Dutch Radicals and such

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: <stephen.finlan AT durham.ac.uk>
  • To: dhindley AT compuserve.com, "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: sfinlan AT yahoo.co.uk
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Dutch Radicals and such
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:51:12 +0100

David Hindley wrote:
> The Abrahamic-faith arguments are almost
> entirely complete and self contained and Christ theology is never
> ever key to making those points.

It seems to be a KEY Pauline teaching (to me) that
becoming a child of Abraham is made entirely dependent
upon recognition of the Christ (Gal 3:22, 29).
Becoming a child of God is also dependent on faith
in Christ (Rom 9:8; Gal 3:26). Furthermore, the seed
promised to Abraham IS the Christ, which he says refers
to one person (Gal 3:16).

If you remove these passages from Paul, you'll kill the patient.

Stephen Finlan
University of Durham