corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions on Galatians

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions on Galatians
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

Jerry wrote:

> I do not think these guys [the influencers] are as
> sinister as you two seem to. They
> are not hiding the fact that the whole Law follows,
> they just have not
> thought about the matter in this frame of reference.
> I think so differently
> about them because I am not convinced that they are
> a part of an
> anti-Pauline movement that has connections to the
> disaffected from the
> Jerusalem Conference.

Jerry,

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I didn't mean to
ascribe sinister motives to the influencers. Why would
they be sinister just because they encouraged Gentiles
to become proselytes and embrace the "whole Torah"?
Nothing necessarily sinister about this to me.

Nor do I believe the influencers began as part of an
anti-Pauline movement -- though Paul may well have
succeeded turning them into such. I also seriously
doubt they had ties to Jerusalem.

Loren Rosson III
Nashua NH
rossoiii AT yahoo.com