corpus-paul - Re: Favorite Book

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Debbie" <debbie AT cybertheology.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Favorite Book
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:43:57 +0100

Hi,

Noel wrote:

> Now would subscribers like to suggest a favourite book concerning
> Paul, that is NOT a commentary per se? The book may be one being
> currently read, which subscribers particularly like, or,
> alternatively, one that had a significant influence on their
> understanding of Paul.

Elliot "Liberating Paul" brought Pauline studies alive for me, and
has since done the same for many of my undergrad students as they
tackle Paul for the first time as an academic task.

I also found Donnfried (ed) The Romans Debate immensely lberating.

Debbie
--
Theologian
http://www.cybertheology.net