corpus-paul - Favorite (Recent) Books

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Don Garlington <dongarlington AT yahoo.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Favorite (Recent) Books
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

At SNTS in August, I came upon several new works,
which have proven to be extremely useful in putting
the finishing touches on a Galatians commentary.

Stephen Anthony Cummins, Paul and the Crucified Christ
in Antioch: Maccabean Martyrdom and Galatians 1 and 2.
SNTSMS 114. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press,
2001.

Moyer V. Hubbard, New Creation in Paul’s Letters and
Thought. SNTSMS 119. Cambridge: Cambridge University
Press, 2002.

T. L. Carter, Paul and the Power of Sin: Redefining
‘Beyond the Pale’. SNTSMS 115. Cambridge: Cambridge
University Press, 2002.

Steven M. Bryan, Jesus and Israel’s Traditions of
Judgement and Restoration. SNTSMS 117. Cambridge:
Cambridge University Press, 2002.

I would throw in as well Kent L. Yinger, Paul,
Judaism, and Judgment According to Deeds. SNTSMS 105.
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999.

Don Garlington
Toronto