corpus-paul - Re: Favorite Book

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Billy Evans <biblewje AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Favorite Book
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:15:09 -0500

on 10/14/02 10:00 AM, Mark D. Nanos at nanosmd AT comcast.net wrote:

> I think Neil Elliott's Liberating Paul, Orbis, 1994, is a fine piece of
> recent work on Paul from a (but not precisely "the") new perspective.
> Regards,
> Mark
Greetings list members:
I agree with Mark's recommendation. If I may add one more title for those
of you who would like to explore how the Pope could say that Jews do not
need Christ, (I suspect the Pope has been bothered by psychological "demons"
(not literally) of his childhood days in Poland when he said that he saw his
Jewish friends carted away by the Germans) "Reinventing Paul" by John G.
Gager of Princeton (Oxford, 2000) might shed some much needed light.

--
William "Billy" J Evans Jr-Nashville
Doctorate Rabbinics, Dead Sea Scrolls, Targums at Hebrew Union College