corpus-paul - Re: EPISPAOMAI in 1 Cor 7:18

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Zeba Crook <zeba.crook AT utoronto.ca>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: EPISPAOMAI in 1 Cor 7:18
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:25:05 -0400

Maybe I'm missing something, and in the bigger picture of Charles's
questions, this is
little more than semantic quibbling, I recognise, but if something is Hapax
"to the NT"
does that not mean that it appears in the NT and no where else? For example,
Luke has
more hapaxes than anyone in the NT; these words are hapax to Luke in the NT,
but few of
them are hapax to the NT. They are hapax to Luke. Likewise, epispaomai is
hapax to
Paul in the NT, but it occurs plenty outside the NT.

Zeb