corpus-paul - Re: The blood of the covenant

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Don Garlington <dongarlington AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The blood of the covenant
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

You might try Otto Betz, TRE, 5.718-19. I recall that
Betz shows how some rabbinic sources identified "the
blood of the covenant" (Exod 24:8) with "the blood of
circumcision," a rather striking equation. This is not
precisely your question, but you may find some help
here.

Don Garlington
Toronto

$subst('Email.Unsub')