corpus-paul - Re: Paul's Angel of Light

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: BBurrowes AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Paul's Angel of Light
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 00:21:39 EDT

Here are two possible parallels to Paul's Angel of Light in the
Pseudepigrapha:

According to the Latin Life of Adam and Eve 9:1 "Satan was angry and
transformed himself into the brightness of the angels."

In the Testament of Abraham 16:4-6, God tells Death: "Come, bitter and fierce
name of the world, hide your ferocity, cover your decay, and cast off from
yourself your bitterness, and put on your youthful beauty and all your glory,
and go down to my friend Abraham and take him and conduct him to me. . . .
When Death heard these things he left the presence of the Most High and
donned a most radiant robe and made his appearance sunlike and became more
comely and beautiful than the sons of men, assuming the form of an archangel,
his cheeks flashing with fire, and he went away to Abraham."

  • Paul's Angel of Light, Bert Jan Lietaert Peerbolte, 05/28/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Paul's Angel of Light, BBurrowes, 05/30/2001