corpus-paul - Re: 2 Cor 6:14-7:1 in its context

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Ron Price" <ron.price AT virgin.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 2 Cor 6:14-7:1 in its context
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:52:25 +0100

It surprises me to find no-one arguing that this passage is a
non-Pauline interpolation.
"Neither in terms of ideas nor vocabulary does this have any claim to
come from the apostle Paul." (D.C.Duling & N.Perrin, _The New Testament:
Proclamation and Paranesis, Myth and History_ (Harcourt Brace, 3rd.
Edn., 1994, p.232)
Consistent with this conclusion I have found evidence of a different
kind, as yet unpublished, which indicates clearly that the passage could
not originally have been in the letter in which it is now embedded.

Ron Price

Weston-on-Trent, Derby, UK

e-mail: ron.price AT virgin.net