corpus-paul - Re: Paul in the Gospels. <LYR86769-51715-2000.04.25-00.00.08--ekrentz#lstc.edu@franklin.oit.unc.edu>

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Edgar Krentz <ekrentz AT lstc.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul in the Gospels. <LYR86769-51715-2000.04.25-00.00.08--ekrentz#lstc.edu AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:04:40 -0800

Title: [corpus-paul] Re: Paul in the Gospels.
I belive that the prediction made by Jesus during His entrance into Jerusalem that the city could not recongnize the salvation presented to them and by this they would suffer; the razing of the city due to a Jewish rebellion (in A.D 70). Now, I am not letterite in the history of the Hebrews, however, I did come accross this interesting fact and I wondered (when I came upon this e-mail) if prehaps that would link in some remote avenue. Prehaps another proof of the Jewish Gnosticim is the fact that when the Jews were in exile to Bablyon, they adopted that culture belief "system" i.e. they assemilated the apperence of wings on any heavenly host. Now, true too, God could have just done for the comprehension of the Jews and maybe even to laugh at the Bablyonions for there idolitry. But the link is that the Jews often time ASSIMLATED the rituals and cutoms of thier oppressors. Prehaps (much like Catholisicm)  they mixed the fact of salvation with the belief of maybe an underground idealogy.

That, with and educated guess is my statement.

-1cE aN6eL
<john316 AT ktc.com>
Psalm 20, Phillipains 4:19

Who are you? One ought to add one's actual name, not a mysterious e-mail address to one's mail.

And, I quite fail to see the relevance of this material to the question of Paul and the Gospels. This posting is, bluntly put, historically incomprehensible and irrelevant.

Edgar Krentz
Professor of New Testament, Emeritus
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
e-mail: ekrentz AT lstc.edu
In Berkeley, CA for the spring semester
Snail mail: Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary
2770 Marin Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94708-1597
Tel: 510-704-0542
GERASKO D' AEI POLLA DIDASKOMENOS
"I grow old, constantly learning many things."
        [Solon of Athens]

  • Re: Paul in the Gospels. <LYR86769-51715-2000.04.25-00.00.08--ekrentz#lstc.edu AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Edgar Krentz, 04/25/2000