corpus-paul - Paul and the Law

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Robert Hunter" <bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Paul and the Law
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:30:53 -0330

I’m currently writing a research paper on some historical and current viewpoints on Paul and the Law. The writings that I’m planning to consider in it are:

Martin Luther’s Treatise on Christian Liberty (1520) and Lectures on Galatians (1535)

E. P. Sanders’ Paul and Palestinian Judaism (1977)

Hans Hübner’s Law in Paul’s Thought (1978; ET,1984)

Heikki Räisänen’s Paul and the Law (1983)

James D. G. Dunn’s Jesus, Paul and the Law (1990)

N. T. Wright’s The Climax of the Covenant (1991)

Thomas R. Schreiner’s The Law and Its Fulfilment (1993)

Frank Thielman’s Paul and the Law (1994)

Colin G. Kruse’s Paul, the Law, and Justification (1996)

What other in-print books would members of Corpus Paulinum recommend that I also consider?

After I complete the paper, I’ll be beginning work on my dissertation, which will be on Paul’s view of the Law in Philippians. What works would members of Corpus Paulinum recommend that I include in my research on the topic besides the writings listed above and standard works on Philippians?

Robert Hunter, student

Louisiana Baptist University

bob_leonora.hunter AT thezone.net