compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Strainers - was Teamaker basics

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Lmvine1 AT cs.com
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Strainers - was Teamaker basics
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:45:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/02 12:44:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, fteuton AT sympatico.ca writes:

Similar filter bags with lots of surface area are available from Aquatic
Ecosystems, www.aquaticeco.com , in sizes from 1 to 800 microns, 7" in
diameter x 32 " long, order numbers BAG1 through BAG800.

The paint bags seem to be the right size for us, but someone more into fine
tuning could look for the 'perfect' Goldilocks 'just right' filtration size.

Frank

Nylon 75 mesh, 5 gallon paint strainers are available below for cheap BUT are they too restrictive, especially for fungi?  The package is labeled medium.  Don't know if a more porous version exists.
http://doityourself.com/store/6770689.htm

In my most recent tea batch I used mosquito netting (not impregnated w/ insecticide!). Not as convenient as the paint strainer bag but probably about 20 mesh in effort to make sure I wasn't restricting the organisms.

Dan