compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Strainers - was Teamaker basics

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Frank Teuton" <fteuton AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: <Lmvine1 AT cs.com>, <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Strainers - was Teamaker basics
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:38:38 -0400

Hmmm.

Well we are going by, what clogs the sprayer and what doesn't, eh? Such pragmatism.....

GSI recommends 20 mesh, see

That equals about 850 microns, so maybe the filter bags I listed are too small. But the principle of filtering through a lot of surface area so as not to clog or force particles through the filter by pressure is a good one, I am thinking, so just find the bigger sizes and make big filters out of them, sounds like the ticket. So my next quest is to get a big 20 mesh filter rig for my pump intake, since that is where the bottleneck is, and hope we don't get nozzle clogging, which would be an annoyance...:-)

Frank Teuton----doing his clog dancing routine.....the pump sings, when it needs attention