cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] CC going mad?

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Creative Commons UK <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] CC going mad?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:14:36 +0100

On Wednesday, June 22, 2005, at 11:47AM, Jonathan Mitchell
<website3 AT jonathanmitchell.info> wrote:

>Shouldn't
>these comments be posted on one of the international mailing lists they do
>read, probably "Community" at http://creativecommons.org/discuss#community ?

cc-community would be the place, yes. Or if people want to contact someone
directly at CCHQ, Neeru's email is on the press release.

>And CC HQ is hardly known for this style of humour!

"Alas, them's the breaks for free culture for now." doesn't sound entirely
serious. And the download page has a thorough explanation of how copyright
overkill featured in making the work. So I do think it is intended as a
humorous (or at least ironic) and educational exercise.

- Rob.