cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] CC going mad?

  • From: Jonathan Mitchell <website3 AT jonathanmitchell.info>
  • To: "David M. Berry" <d.berry AT sussex.ac.uk>, Creative Commons UK <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] CC going mad?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:47:15 +0100

I'd be surprised if anyone at CC HQ was reading this mailing list. Shouldn't
these comments be posted on one of the international mailing lists they do
read, probably "Community" at http://creativecommons.org/discuss#community ?

I have to say that I find it very hard to believe with Cory that this was "a
gag to highlight the craziness of the copyright system that keeps Happy
Birthday in copyright". The press release at
http://creativecommons.org/press-releases/ gives no hint that this was
anything but serious. Nor does
http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/happybirthday/ . And CC HQ is hardly
known for this style of humour!

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Mitchell QC

Work telephone/mobile: 0773 963 9343
Faculty internal mobile extension: 3349
Fax to laptop: 0870 124 8222
Business address: Advocates Library, Parliament House, Edinburgh EH1 1RF,
Scotland
DX ED 549302, Edinburgh 36; Legal Post LP3, Edinburgh 10

Website: http://www.jonathanmitchell.info

Home address: 30 Warriston Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 5LB, Scotland.
Home telephone: 0131 557 0854.

This message, and any attachments, may contain legally privileged material
and are confidential to the intended recipient.

Please note that my clerk is Iain Murray; tel. 0131 260 5697; fax 0131 220
2654; e-mail murraystable AT advocates.org.uk . Instructions as counsel should
unless otherwise notified be channelled via him.